home insurance

WHAT IS MULTIRISK HOME INSURANCE?

The multirisk home insurance aims, in general, to safeguard property and its contents in the face of damage caused to it.


The compulsory insurance covers damages directly caused by fires, the free fractions, and the common parts of buildings on the horizontal property.


Fire insurance is mandatory by law in buildings with horizontal ownership. However, it is normal for homeowners to opt for more comprehensive home insurance: Multirisk Home Insurance.


WHAT ARE THE MULTIRISK home INSURANCE COVERAGES?


The multirisk home insurance, in addition to the fire coverage, protects your home and movable property against other damages that may be caused to you, such as:


  • Theft
  • Flooding
  • Water damage
  • Electrical hazards
  • Thunderstorms
  • Explosion
  • Smoke
  • Civil liability
  • Seismic phenomena
  • Machine breakdowns
  • among many others possible



WHAT CAPITAL IS INSURED FOR MULTIRISK home INSURANCE?

The value or capital to be insured for the building must be the reconstruction value of the property. In this case, you must take into account the quality of construction, the year of the building, the current construction value of the square meter in the area where the house is located, and other factors that may influence this cost.


HE CAPITAL TO BE INSURED FOR THE Contents MUST BE THE SUBSTITUTION VALUE OF THESE GOODS. AND WHAT ARE WE TALKING?

Furniture, clothing, appliances, carpets, among others. Suppose you have unique objects, such as jewelry, paintings, tapestries, and antiques. In that case, they must be valued individually in the insurance policy.


pay attention to details

Pay attention to the calculation of this insured capital so that there is no application of the so-called proportional rule.


The proportional rule applies when the insured capital is less than the cost of reconstruction (in the case of buildings) or replacing it with a new one (in the case of furniture and stuffing). In this situation, the insurer only pays part of the losses in proportion to the relation between the cost of reconstruction or replacement at the date of the claim and the insured capital.


For example, if a building whose reconstruction cost is € 100,000 and is insured for € 80,000, the insurer will be responsible for only 80% of the losses, with the remaining 20% being borne by the insured. Thus, if a claim occurred that caused damages of € 50,000, the insurer would only indemnify € 40,000 (80% of € 50,000), supporting the insured the remaining € 10,000.


AND HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST home INSURANCE FOR YOUr needs?

The various insurance companies in the Portuguese market have very similar prices. The difference is in the coverage and other details that they practice. Socalmed works with several Insurance Companies and has a team specialized in it, to advise you, proposing the most appropriate insurance to your profile.

Most of the time, you will achieve substantial savings on premiums to be paid, with a free and professional service.

OTHER INSURANCE?

Allianz Seguros
Fidelidade Seguros
Tranquilidade Seguros
Zurich Seguros
English Português
Language: